Is there anything worse than viewing a website on your phone and having to use both your fingers to make the screen larger or smaller. Talk about a recipe to instantly lose a potential customer! Luckily responsive web design allows websites to be viewed on a broad variety of phones, desktop computers and tablets.
Our responsive web designs will ensure that your website is built to be responsive to different browsers. We also develop your website with proper Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to enhance your site’s visibility when it goes live.
What is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive web design is an approach where a web designer creates a web page with techniques that allows it to resize itself to the type of device it is being viewed through. It could be a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet or smaller devices such as smartphones.
Benefits of Responsive Web Design
There are many benefits to Responsive Web Design. Here are a few:
- Improved User Experience: If the user is on your site and finds it hard to navigate because they are forced to constantly pinch and zoom, they won’t stay very long. Responsive web design delivers a much better user experience.
- An Increase in Mobile Traffic: 52% of all global web traffic originates from a mobile device. Once your website becomes responsive, you will notice an increase in mobile visits to your website.
- Easier Maintenance: With a responsive website, you will spend less than half the time on maintenance tasks allowing you to focus on more important tasks such as Social Media Marketing, customer service or content development.
- No Duplicate Content Penalty: Another point to keep in mind is if you have two versions of your website you will have duplicate content. This can affect your website with lower search engine rankings because search engines won’t know which content is relevant.
- Simpler Website Analytics: With a responsive website your website stats are greatly simplified as you’re staying on top of a single set of data.
- Lower Bounce Rates: Bounce rates signify the percentage of visitors to your website who have moved away from the site after viewing only one page. A responsive website will cause users to stay longer which reduces the bounce rate.
- Higher Conversion Rates: Improved user experience and trust in your website result in better conversion rates whether it means signing up for a newsletter, making a purchase or booking an appointment.
- Better SEO: One of the most important advantages of responsive web design is the improvement in search engine rankings. Google takes into consideration the responsiveness of your website in the search engine results. If your website is not responsive, it will result in lower rankings.
- More Social Sharing: When done correctly, responsive web design can lead to an increase in social shares of your content.
Responsive web design services
We mobilize and optimize your site for any smart device using:
- Fluid grids: A flexible grid system that changes your website’s width and margins to match visitors’ mobile screens.
- Fluid images: Coding that adjusts all your website’s images to the size of any smart device so your images never look stretched or pixelated.
- Media queries: CSS technology that rearranges your site’s content to fit onto any smart device screen size. No content will be left out!