A local citation is any mention of a local business on the web with or without a link. It can come in various forms:
- Company Name, by itself
- Company Name & phone number
- Company Name, phone number and address
- Company Name, phone number, address and link.
A complete local citation should include the company name, address and phone number. A citation that does not include all three of these is sometimes referred to as a partial citation.
Citation Management is a key component of the ranking algorithms in Google and Bing. In most cases, a business with a greater number of citations will probably rank higher than businesses with fewer citations.
Citation Management – What We Will Do For You:
- Claim and manage your map listings across Google, Yahoo and Bing with same valid business data.
- Claim and manage your listings in major data aggregators like Acxiom, Infogroup Express Update, Neustar Localeze, Factual and Yext.
- Claim and manage your listings on major social networks like Google+, Facebook, Yelp and Foursquare.